Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Vs. Current Events #1: Never Toy With An Octomom!


The media's willingness to call Nadya Suleman "Octomom" is a comforting notion for fanboys like me eager to see superheroes in real life someday. I mean, if real news people can say "Octomom" with a straight face, names like "the Shocker" or "Bronze Tiger" would roll right off the tongue. Considering this connection to comics, I thought I'd draw one about the infamous Octomom, in her inherent role as a super villain. I called the strip "Vs. Current Events" with the hopes that in the future other celebrities or fame-seekers will adopt aliases with similar appeal. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Brent said...

Brilliant, funny, poignant, timely. Well done.

johnny_justice said...

LOVED it! Although, to be honest, I don't think the horrified reaction of the unidentified shopper was realistic. More likely our bespectacled hero would be drooling during the big reveal.